10 Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10
If your computer is not yet running the Windows 10 Operating System, but you’re happy with it, used to it and see no reason to upgrade, please read this article. There are important – even critical – reasons why an immediate upgrade is needed for your business. We compiled ten compelling reasons why you should upgrade every PC to Windows 10, even if you plan to get rid of the computer soon.
1. Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 in January 2020. This means they no longer produce security patches, updates for fixes for the OS. Hackers wait for such an opportunity because they know even if a vulnerability is found and reported, a fix won’t come. It only takes one point of entry to gain access to your most critical data.
2, Microsoft Defender is built-into the OS and is antivirus software that detects and removes viruses, spyware and malware. This is Microsoft taking the step of including such protection right in the OS because they know how real the threat is.
3. Microsoft Hello is an added layer of security that offers a password-free sign in option to unlock your devices with your face or a fingerprint reader. Hackers have become much better at hacking passwords and, despite advice, most people continue to use easy-to-remember works, such as birthdays, pet names and favorite songs. Biometrics, such as facial recognition and fingerprint scanners are much too difficult for hackers to crack; they will move on.
4. Windows Auto Update ensures critical patches, hot fixes and security measures are automatically installed during off hours. This not only keeps your system more secure but takes the burden of checking away. Comprehensive, built-in, and ongoing security protections to help keep you and your family safe is essential in today’s work-from-home environment.
5. Windows 10 offers faster startup, increased stability and greater compatibility with a broader range of applications.
6. The “Find My Device” feature of Windows 10 provides the ability to lock and erase your Windows device remotely or map the location of your device.
7. Connecting your mobile phone to Windows 10 allows you to make phone calls from your PC and send / read text messages. Use the built-in Phone app to connect your iOS or Android mobile phone to Windows 10.
8. Windows 10 accepts Voice Commands, allowing you to control the PC with your voice and dictate text and messages to Microsoft's digital assistant, Cortana.
9. Microsoft Edge is the latest browser from Microsoft and is included in Windows 10. It’s built on the same platform as Chrome, providing improved compatibility and speed, as well as helpful new capabilities like webpage markup and reading mode.
10, Windows 10 allows you to connect across devices to bring your favorite apps and files with you, anytime, anyplace, always with a consistent, personalized look and feel.